Why I Run Running with Ed
The reasons to love Running with Ed (RWE) are numerous. The competition is friendly, the course is scenic, and then there’s Park City’s wonderful camaraderie, crazy costumes and team themes. But the most important reason to love Running with Ed is because it raises money for Park City schools.
This 6th annual RWE relay is May 16th, 2015. This 38-mile, 10-leg race traverses spectacular Park City. The course offers everything from trail to pavement, challenging climbs, fast downhills, easy legs for beginners and tough ones for experts. It’s fun for kids and adults alike.
The Running with Ed route starts at the Park City Basic Recreation Field House located at Kimball Junction, winding past Olympic venues, iconic landmarks, City Park, neighborhood schools and historic Main Street; ending back at the Basin Recreation Field House for the post-race celebration.
The winning school receives 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Ragnar grants. Every school with a minimum of 505 participants will receive a $1,000 grant from the Park City Education Foundation. Rules for the Ragnar Challenge Grant are:
Every participant receive a point towards the Park City School District (PCSD) school of their choice. Here’s how it all works:
- The PCSD school is chosen on the registration page
- Each racer receives 1 point
- Points may not be split between schools
- Points may not be changed to a different school unless there is a runner change
- Registration must be done by 5/1 for points to count
- Award is given to the school that has the highest percentage, defined as the number of participation points divided by total number of students at that school
- Final student numbers will be taken from PCSD records on April 1
- Updates on school standings will be posted on PCEF Facebook page
- Final results will be announced at Finish Party as well as posted on the RWE Facebook page
- Last year’s winners:
- 1st place McPolin Elementary
- 2nd place Parley’s Park Elementary
- 3rd place Trailside Elementary
Ask me how you can help support this amazing cause. I am part of a team called the Average Joes. Fundraising will close May 15th at 3:00pm. My team’s goal is $1,500. Go to https://www.crowdrise.com/event/search/2015runningwithed/average+joe to show your support.